Wednesday, March 9, 2016

You Can Always Go Home Again


Its always bittersweet when you have to leave a place that you love.  Sometimes you don't know what you've got until you leave.  Colorado is so beautiful but there is always a price that comes with beautiful places (very high rent and unaffordable housing.)  Family is a hard thing to move away from.   When joyous occasions happen or sad painful ones, your heartstrings pull a little harder each time. Home is always where your heart is.  Trust me I've left mine pieces of heart in several prime locations but the pull of family wins every time.  I moved from Colorado to Hawaii in 1986 and back to Indiana in 89.  Now my daughter Rose and her husband Drew are in route to IN as I write.  They are closing on a home in Mishawaka tomorrow.   They were ready to settle down (and I pray…start a family).  Colorado didn't have many options.  

I know exactly what they are feeling and I hope that the love of family puts that smile back on their face and fills their hearts with overwhelming joy.  

Me and my little sis circa 1985 Montezuma, CO (wish I
still owned that jeep!)

mother and daughter last summer in Summit County, CO

Drew hiking with us in Greeley CO


Rocky Mountain National Park

No comments:

Post a Comment