Friday, June 23, 2017

Goodbye junk Evolution

It's the end of an era for junk E, and although it's sad, we feel ready to move on.  You can only do so much with space, time and money and we all gave it our best shot.  Gary of Carpenter Gothic will continue to sell his furnishing in our space and CircaArts Galley is still going strong.  Please continue to follow junk Evolutions page because the business is not ending and may Pop up at various locations and shows.  

As for Urban Mountain Traders,  I really do love working on furniture but my body is telling me to cool it.  So the items I do have will be at the new "Barn Door" in Middlebury.  I can take one item in and not feel like I have to have a whole display.  The owners will do all the styling, we just drop it off and it sells!   

My new love is sewing the shirts and making jewelry (much lighter loads!).  I've been invited to sell my clothing at Ignition Garage in Goshen, and I couldn't be more excited.  I think it will be a great fit for my clientele, and it happens to be one of my favorite music venues-right up there with Red Rocks!  If you are into vinyl or great stereo systems, this is the place for you, as well as some of the best music around for intimate concert settings.  The artist love it because it's an actual Listening room.  The Garage is also a satellite station for The Globe Radio 91.1, Goshen College Radio station, so they work together to bring some great talent to Goshen.  The owner, Steve Martin also has a live show on 91.1 on Thursday evenings called "One Guys Opinion".

My jewelry is available in my Etsy shop as well as The Old Creamery Antiques in Middlebury.  So you can see a theme here...I'm trying to stay as local as possible and avoid all the driving time.  So I'm inviting all my South Bend customers/friends to check out our wonderful little town in the country.  

I also volunteer as a tour guide for Krider's World Fair Garden/Park.  The tours take place Thursday at 10am and my tour will be next week on June 29th.  If you are into gardening The Michiana Master Gardeners, Garden Walk will be on July 8th and our garden will be in it.  

Having the opportunity to pursue my dream of opening a shop opened has been such a highpoint in my life.  We have met so many wonderful souls and it provided so many other opportunities for Linda and I  (writing for a local news letter, design work, wedding planning, hosting events, teaching classes, as well as my current job teaching at Ivy Tech)  I will be forever grateful to all of you that made it possible.  Thank you for your continued support.  The hardest part of leaving (once again) is the wonderful people you meet along the way.

Ignition Music Logo
Summer Aloha Shirts






No comments:

Post a Comment