Sunday, September 10, 2017

Sunday Morning Reflections

 I was raised in a Christian home and went to a Catholic school where we went to church everyday, except Saturday, and on that day we went to confession.  Then I raised my children in a pacifist church that taught love and compassion and how to utilize the gifts you were given.  I walk every morning but on Sundays I try to go someplace out of the ordinary.   I pass churches full of people on my walks, or today an Amish home full of people praising God.  I'm not against church  but I find myself more motivated by the peace I find each morning to have a more intimate relationship with our maker.  The one who created such a beautiful earth for us to live on with such an abundance of plant life and food.  It's easy to be thankful and full of gratitude when you are walking in such a peaceful place.

Then in the midst of chaos in Florida, Montana, Texas etc, and on the eve of 9/11, sometime  it's hard to know what to pray for. It's sad when you loose your place in this life that you created for yourself and family, a home. In the big picture it's very simple...

Most importantly save the people.  Give them courage and strength to endure whatever it is that's coming.  Houses and stuff can be replaced.  They really are not that important in the big picture.  I pray that you enlighten us and fill us with the  knowledge to know what to do in time of a crisis, or how each of us can help.  I pray that in the midst of all this devastation that the people that we are prejudice against come to our rescue so that we have a change of heart, and accept everyone who is different.

I pray that we all start to take better care of each other and this earth.  Who knows if it's global warming that's causing this, a conspiracy theory or whatever.  What I do know is that there is so much more we can do for this planet.  Think of it as a living body or even God.  We are killing it (and I don't mean that in a good way).  There are so many people I know that call themselves Christians and they don't take the time to be good stewards of the earth.  They want the organic food and the beautiful view but they don't do their part to help sustain this planet for future generations.  

If you were God would you be happy with the way the world is today?  So much hatred and killing, pollution, greed...
When it comes down to it, it's really pretty simple.
Love one another.  Do unto others as you would do unto yourself.  Honor this life by taking care of the earth, our world that's only ours to use for a short time.







The Amish worship in homes and make a day of it.



No comments:

Post a Comment