Sunday, March 1, 2015

LIfe Before UMT


Before this endeavor I started a business with some friends called junk Evolution.  We have a brick and mortar historical building in South Bend, Indian in the East Bank Village Arts district.   I've always had a passion for finding new life in things that others would have thought to be beyond repair.  

I've had this special project since July waiting until I had time.  That didn't happen until I left!  A mother with 5 kids (and a husband who spills coffee on everything) wanted their favorite desk chair done in oil cloth for durability.  The back of the chair used to be caned but as you can see it's gone, replaced with a comfortable foam cushion.   It takes a little imagination and some hard work but I do love the challenge of giving something a new life or purpose. 

My friends Linda and Bernie Sherck are still in the business but I left to pursue new dreams of working with my kids and on my own home.  If you get to South Bend please check them out.  There's a whole corner of fun shops and a great cafe in the Purple Porch.






No comments:

Post a Comment